Ethan and I planned to have movie night and treat ourselves to a little pop and popcorn. We went to Redbox and decided that "Rango" would be the perfect choice, so we paid our $1 and headed home. :) As it turned out we got the evening to ourselves because Collin fell asleep early. (The stars and moon must have been in perfect alignment.) HA! HA! To be honest we were actually pretty excited to watch an entire movie without a silly 2 year old crawling all over us for once. :)
After I tucked Collin in for the night Ethan and I cuddled up under a warm blanket for some much needed mom and son time. We pressed PLAY and dived right into the world of "Rango".
WARNING...I am about to step on my soap box, so you may want to start running now. ;)
Why is it that you can't even watch a family movie, a cartoon nonetheless, without dealing with adult content? Is it really necessary? Now don't get me wrong, I am game for a good PG-13 or rated R movie, so that is not the issue. The part that gets me is that the super smart people that make movies for children can't figure out that adult humor is not needed in PG movies to make it appealing to kids.
There were other parts of "Rango" that were not necessary, but here is the one that got my attention at the beginning of the movie. To be honest I kinda tuned the rest of the show out due to irritation.
During one part of the movie a reptile was grabbed up by a bird(see picture above, it is located under the bird) and shouted at "Rango" "you son of a......". Ethan and I looked at each other and I made a disapproving face. Ethan's response was "that's good he didn't say b****." That boy actually looked me in the face and said the word!! Holy Cow...not only does he know the saying, but he didn't realize that the smart thing to do was to NOT say that word!
Well thanks for nothing Hollywood!!! Apparently there is nothing safe for my child to watch anymore!!!
OK...I am stepping down now. Goodnight!
OK...I am stepping down now. Goodnight!

Grandpa had a good laugh with this story. I'm reveling in the mom and son movie night cuddled up under a warm blanket. You're such a good mommy!
ReplyDelete