Today at school Ethan received a smooth, yellow, plastic ruler apparently from a representative of Smokey the Bear. If you haven't been to Arkansas before you probably don't realize that there are trees everywhere and it is very important for the safety of everyone that we teach our children to prevent wildfires! What they apparently do NOT teach our children is what a ruler is for. ;)
Ethan, Collin, and I were watching a movie tonight and I heard Ethan smacking that ruler on what I assumed was his hand. I told him to quit it, but he continued on. I started to get annoyed real quick and I looked over at him and he had his pants pulled part way down so his bottom was exposed. I said "Ethan what in the world are you doing?!?!?" He replied "I just wanted to see what a "whoopin" felt like." Can this child really be mine????
I decided to look up "whoopin" in the Urban Dictionary just for fun. Here is how they defined it:
"A term used mostly by black people describing what happens to kids when they get into trouble. A whoopin can be given with anything your mama picks up. (belt, switch, hair brush, fly swatter, etc.)"
"A term used mostly by black people describing what happens to kids when they get into trouble. A whoopin can be given with anything your mama picks up. (belt, switch, hair brush, fly swatter, etc.)"
I guess a Smokey the Bear ruler falls into the etc. category. ;)
However, I am not sure that this Mama has it in her to start "whoopin" on this sweet little boy's bottom no matter what he THINKS he is missing out on!


Oh my goodness! Hilarious! You have to save these stories. Ethan's going to love reading these when he's 30!
ReplyDeleteI am definitely going to keep these because to forget these times in our lives would be a crime. :) Just wish I had started earlier. Oh well, these boys have got enough craziness in them to keep this blog going until you are all bored to tears reading it. ;)
ReplyDelete