Tuesday, July 19, 2011

SWIM LESSONS AT SILVER SRINGS COUNTRY CLUB


Well I finally found private swim lessons awhile back for Ethan at a reasonable price and I have been patting myself on the back ever since.  I promise you, the going rate here is $80 for (4) 30min private sessions. Will I pay that? Absolutely NOT!!!  I can't tell you how difficult it is to find somewhere for my babies to swim. Public pools have obviously become obsolete here in Saline County Arkansas. :(

When we arrived at the country club this morning, wouldn't you know it, the instructor already knew Ethan.  Why doesn't that surprise me???  Doesn't everybody know Ethan?? He is definitely the social bug of our family...we often joke about where that child came from. :) 

Anyhow, after 30 minutes of lessons we were told that Ethan was super advanced for his age and that there was nothing that she could teach him he didn't already know.  We have been told this now for 3 years and that we should be very proud.  Of course we are, but the crazy thing is that he basically only swims once a year when he is in swim lessons.  If he actually had access to a pool, imagine what he could do.  Olympics maybe? ;) 

Dang it, I should have told Ethan to act like he couldn't swim so he could at least play in the water for a week. :)  She wouldn't charge us for her time today and even bought Ethan a snack and drink after his lesson.  She said it would be highway robbery to take our money.  This woman was so impressed that she was even going to ask her manager at the country club if she could put us under her membership, so he could swim a couple times a week to get a little stronger.  How awesome is that? I love to see God at work, since it would cost us $125/mo for him to have access to the pool at the country club.  That is just NOT possible for us right now.  Even though it would still cost us the guest price of $5/pp, it would be so worth it for the boys!  We will find out Thursday if her manager agreed to her generosity.   

Anyway, she is going to help him with diving on Thursday and he will probably start golf lessons on Tuesday with her and 3 other girls.  Should be interesting to say the least, can you say show-off??? :)

Well here are a few pictures to document our fun today...she let us stay as along as we wanted at the pool this morning and we took advantage of her sweetness. Thanks Miss Ashley!!

Ethan and Miss Ashley

Can you say cute???

Just Chillin'

Back Float

Pina Colada (hold the alcohol please)

Hi Mom!

Watch me!!

Whatcha doin' Ethan?

Give me that!

More practice.

I think we could fit right in with the the Country Clubbers, don't you?

What a cutie pie!

Enough pictures Mom!

Snack time!


Brothers :)

Money won't make you happy...
but everybody wants to find out for themselves.
- Zig Ziglar

No comments:

Post a Comment