Here is what is frustrating about being a mom during the summer of 2011. Either all the neighborhood kids have been gone most of the summer or they don't come home until their parents get off work. This unfortunately means Ethan and Collin have been cooped up in this house all day with no one to play with, but me. I am so sick of hearing "mom, I am bored! I want to play with my friends!" It makes me sad that his summer just stinks and I can't fix it! It doesn't help that this unbearable heat stops us from going outside for longer than 3 minutes. Seriously, what is a mom to do!?!?!
I remember being a kid during the summer and I was surrounded by neighborhood kids. We played outside all day long, went to the public pool, and had sleepovers. I suppose those days are long gone. Being stuck in the house all day with only video games and TV for entertainment is not good for any of us.
Well tonight while Ethan was playing with one of his buddies Collin and I decided it was time to finally step outside and enjoy the fresh air at...8 o'clock. We had a blast because we were finally free from our jail cell and the sun wasn't baking us to a crisp!!! :)
The smile on my baby's face tonight was just PRICELESS!! ;)
"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children." Charles R. Swindoll
No comments:
Post a Comment