OK, first off let me admit that I am "that Mom" who "does" her son's hair. It is not "lets go comb your hair Ethan" it is "let's go do your hair". Wow, admitting that was a little cathartic.
That being said, my obsession sometimes drives my son crazy, but he is pretty much used to it for the most part. However, he would prefer that I just comb it, but I want to send him off looking so stinkin cute. :) Surely there is nothing wrong with that...nothing a little adult therapy won't fix right?
Well, anyway this morning I tried a new product on his gorgeous thick hair and that went over like a lead balloon. This is how it went down:
Ethan: "What IS this"?
Mom: "It is a new kind of gel."
Ethan: "Oh"
Mom: (whew...I dodged that bullet. Oh crap...he picked it up...don't read it, don't read it, he starts reading out loud...CRAP!)
Ethan: "Healthy S-E-X-Y hair. MOM!!! I do NOT have sexy hair!!!"
Mom: "I know you don't."
Ethan: "I am NOT sexy...I am just a kid!"
Mom: "You are right Ethan, you are NOT sexy."
Ethan: "Why didn't you just use this!" (he points to his very manly looking blue hair gel bottle)
Mom: "I just wanted to try something different today. Dad use to have spiky hair when he was younger." That's right I am creating a diversion. ;) He gave me the look and I knew exactly what he was thinking.
Ethan: "NO!"
Mom: "Ethan he DID have hair back then."
Ethan: "I know that, Mom."
Mom: "Ethan, no one will know what the container says."
Ethan: "FINE."
I am trying to instill in him good grooming habits and to take pride in his appearance. At least that is what I keep telling myself...it's not my fault if I get some sort of twisted satisfaction out of "doing" my son's hair right??
It is not like I am doing anything like this:
Oops...maybe I would since this happens to resemble a very embarrassed Ethan at 13 months. Also, I want to shout out a BIG thank you to one of the little daycare girls I use to watch for the cute pink prop. :) HeeHee!!!
That is funny. I forgot about those pictures of Ethan.
ReplyDeleteI love it! Ethan is so funny! Love my babies!
ReplyDelete