Ever had a child/known a child that could care less about something? Hate it?? Avoid it?? Loathe it??? You get the idea. :)
Well for Ethan that was riding a bike. Odd right? Isn't that like a rite of passage for a child?
Anyway, at the recommendation of his pediatrician, we never pushed him. He explained that he would learn when he was ready, so don't fight it. Well here we are at 7 1/2yrs old and we were still anxiously waiting for him to BE ready.
To be honest, Jason and I have been concerned that the teasing would begin soon. I mean a 7 1/2yr old boy that is always riding a scooter when his friends are riding bikes is probably asking for it right? We had finally decided we were going to PUSH him to learn this All-American skill this Fall on a brand new bike because the brand new bike he already has is...you got it...too small!
I went outside today to check on him and heard "Mom, look at this! I think I have got a handle on this bike!" What??? Bike??? Handle??? Was that my son riding the neighbor boy's bike like a pro? Yippee!!! I ran inside, got Jason, and my camera of course. We both stood in awe as we watched our "daredevil" son all puffed up like a peacock riding a bike! I guess we are going shopping in the near future! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment