Monday, August 29, 2011

BRANSON ~ AUGUST VISIT

SILVER DOLLAR CITY...ARE YOU READY FOR THIS????


Well most likely this is our last trip to Silver Dollar City for quite some time.  I hope we will be able to return for the Christmas light display, but I guess we will have to wait and see.  I have been told how amazing and beautiful it is, so I sure don't want our family to miss out. :)

The morning of our big day!  Collin looks so peaceful in that motel bed. :) 
 
We chose to visit this particular day in August because "The Backyardigans" were going to be making a short appearance for some cool photo opportunities.  We just had to go because Collin ADORES "The Backyardigans" and calls them "my friends".  We definitely wanted him to have this experience.  I want to watch "my friends" he will say while handing me the TV remote. 

For those of you that don't know, Collin is not a social bug or one to throw caution to the wind and see what happens.  He is our shy child that hides behind our legs until he knows it is safe to explore...so we were a little anxious about what his reaction would be to "his friends" and whether we would get a picture of him to document this occasion.  We stood in line for what seemed like forever waiting our turn...Collin pointed at them and smiled from a distance.

Waiting ever so patiently...

Safe in daddy's arms :)


 When the big moment arrived he shocked both Jason and I with his reaction.


Is that a hug??? Oh my goodness!!!

Collin and "his friends"!!!


Mama hurry up...times a wastin!

Collin and I spent lots of time at this water pump, while all the BIG people stood in line for all the BIG rides.  This means I have way more pictures of Collin than anyone else. :)

 

Nothing a little soda won't fix!

Nap time

Riding the carousel with Grandpa Dale...Collin always wants to ride the bear. :)

Ethan and Collin


Here comes Ethan and Jason!


I am going to leave you with the following video of Ethan, Ryan, Aubrey, and Jason taking on the "Powder Keg".  NOT me though, I am a big chicken. :) You can only see portions of the roller coaster because of all the trees, but you get the idea:


This was the end of our summer vacation...back to school we go.  Bummer! Sure was fun while it lasted! :)

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I love the pictures you took...so neat. I do love roller coasters!
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete