Friday, August 19, 2011

BRANSON ~ JUNE VISIIT

I am going to start with our June visit because our May visit pictures are on Jason's camera and I haven't been able to load them on the computer yet.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Webster's vacation included camping, Silver Dollar City, go-carts, and the Rip Cord all crammed into a day and a half followed by a long drive home in the middle of the night. Thanks Union Pacific Railroad...you never seem to disappoint!!!  You fun ruiners better be thankful you weren't riding back to Arkansas with this tired, sweaty, stinky bunch!  That bunch included a very, very mad/sad 7yr old that went straight from the all time high of the Rip Cord to the very low of leaving town within a matter of minutes.  Poor little guy...broke my heart. :(    

Picture Time!

Nothing keeps a child busier than searching for twigs for a fire that will result in Smores!
I love you mommy :)
Boys and trees...I just don't think I will ever get it!
The following quote is taken from the Silver Dollar City website which can best describe this roller coaster and why we are in awe of my baby's look of pure joy.  This picture is snapped at take off speeds going from 0 to...well you read the quote and see for yourself. :)

Launch from 0 to 53 miles per hour in just 2.8 seconds! PowderKeg® combines the shocking speed of the compressed air-launch with spiraling turns, negative gravitational or "G" forces, and "floater" hills at speeds up to 64 miles per hour! After the initial blast of speed, and 110-foot drop, riders soar through the trees over six acres on 3,500 feet of track for a truly wild ride experience.
Bet you can tell by the picture who has the need for speed and who doesn't! :) Sorry tough guys pictures don't lie! ;)
Rockstar Collin and his sidekick Jamie
Ethan's first time driving a go-cart...I was very impressed!  He could only reach the pedals with his tippy toes. :)
Do you see Ethan go? He is fast!!  Yes, I AM sweaty and hot, but having the time of my life!
Rockstar Ethan
Jammin!

 OK folks, for those of you that don't know, Ethan is an adrenaline junkie!  I wish I was kidding about that, but I am not!  I am sure I will need a lot of prayers during his teenage years as I worry about his safety.  He has been enjoying roller coasters since he was barely tall enough to ride them which was about 6 1/2yrs old.  I am not talking about easy on the stomach roller coasters, I am talking about scare the crap out of you roller coasters...there is a difference I promise you. 


Well all of that leads us to the scariest new adventure for my 7yr old that makes this mama's stomach hurt.  Once again he was barely tall enough to ride what we call the Rip Cord, not sure what they call it here.  When you watch the low quality video (sorry) you will see that his feet came off of the bar when they tipped over. Due to size Ethan had to ride on the outside (I guess for balance reasons)...and he got to be the brave cord puller that would ultimately send Ryan, Jamie, and him on their thrill ride and shave a few days off of my life in the process.  He had a difficult time pulling the cord hard enough to release them, but he managed to get the job done! :) I am glad to say they survived and so did I. :)  He got a few attaboys from manly bystanders also in awe of his bravery...I am sure that didn't boost his ego any. :) 


I am scared to even find out what his next big adventure will be...you should have seen the slingshot ride across the street he was begging to ride.  Of course mom and dad were not ready to WATCH that one yet. Why is it that we have to let them spread their wings and fly??? I have to tell you I would feel much better putting him in a padded room until he was like 25yrs old!   

Friends and Family waiting in line to drive go-carts!

There are two kinds of adventurers; those who go truly hoping to find adventure and those who go secretly hoping they won't. ~ Rabindranath Tagore

2 comments:

  1. Brings back a wonderful memory. It was one of the best nights ever....Wish we had a video of Ethan so serious when he cut a cart off, and immediately grinned when he drove by his family. He's one in a million for sure! Love the picture on the power keg.....laughing so hard right now. Who's the tough Webster? At least Jason admits what his expressions shows. I'm sooooo in trouble when my husband finds the comments on here! Dale said the same thing I did (without me mentioning it first).....you have a talent kido!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I wish we had a video of Ethan showing off his mad driving skills too! Such a competitive show-off! :) Thanks for the complement...I really enjoy blogging...I guess it is my creative outlet. ;) Sharing what is the most important to me with friends and family is such a delight!

    ReplyDelete