Thursday, August 18, 2011

MOM, YOU ARE GOING TO BE SO SURPRISED!

Ethan came home today and informed me that he completed his homework on the bus so he wouldn't have to do it at home. Of course I was really proud of him for the choice he made and I told him just that.  He said "well that is what BIG kids do." :) Awww, my baby gets it, it's going to be a great school year!

While I was looking over his homework dreaming of Ethan's run for presidency, he started digging deep in his backpack.  He said "mom, you are going to be so surprised and so proud of me when you see this".  I looked up expecting to see a paper with a 100% on it or something along those lines. Nope, not exactly...


Yep folks, this is an apple! Not sure how a dirty blue apple and proud belong together, but I am about to find out.

   "Mom, I ate the whole apple...ALL of it aren't you soooo proud of me?"  How do you respond to that especially since you have seen your son eat an apple before?  I slowly and anxiously asked "where did you get that apple?" Try jumping into my germaphobic mind for a second as it is reeling with all the possibilities considering the condition of the apple.  "I got it from the lunchroom, I saved it and brought it home to show you.  Aren't you so excited and proud?"  ****Sigh**** "Yes baby I am so proud of you for eating the whole apple. Now go throw it in the trash." 

I am still wondering why some of it is blue...his bag is black and there were no markers or crayons in the bag.  I guess I will just close my eyes and pray that he ate it before it turned blue.

I could just feel the pride radiating off of him as he posed for this picture before tossing it out. 
Ya'll get your own inspiration...this one is mine! :)

2 comments:

  1. Catching up in blog land. I love reading your posts! They make me smile every time. This one especially.
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Angie! I really enjoy reading your blog as well! Don't stop anymore...I missed seeing pictures of you and your beautiful girls and finding out what they are up to! :)

    ReplyDelete