Thursday, July 31, 2014

OUR HUMANE SOCIETY VISIT

 
Ethan and I have been visiting for quite some time about what we can do to help those in need. After much thought he has decided that since he LOVES animals he wants to focus on raising money for and volunteering at the Humane Society of Saline County. He has already started going through his room to see what he can sell to help get the ball rolling. I can't tell you how proud I am to see him excited about helping others...humans or animals!
 
Today Ethan and I took a trip to the Humane Society and donated a large package of paper towels, as that is something they said they tend to run low on most of the time. E told them that he would like to volunteer his time on top of raising money to help...they were very appreciative!  We picked up our volunteer paperwork and hope to help out this week. Unfortunately Collin is just too young to help, so in order for me to take Ethan I will need to find someone to watch him for a few hours or attempt to do it while Jason is home. That is easier said than done when your hubby is on call 24/7 and they are only open Tues-Sat from noon-4pm. To add to this challenge they may be closed some Saturdays due to lack of volunteers. After school starts, Saturday will be the only opportunity E will have to volunteer anyway. In the meantime he will still be working hard trying to raise money for these precious animals. :)
 
We spent some time loving on some really sweet cats and dogs while we were there today. :) 
 

This guy was a sweetheart! Hope he gets adopted soon.

Precious sight...this guy reminded us of Jax.






Yep...they have chickens there.



I fell in love with this lil' guy.


This sweet fur baby is named Snow White

 Ethan fell in love with this kitty named Carlos. It was really hard for him to walk away and leave him there.  A few tears fell as he said goodbye and promised him that someone would adopt him soon.


Two kitties getting some love from E at the same time.
The facility was very clean and the animals were very well taken care of which made us both feel good. :) One of the highlights of our visit was witnessing an older dog getting adopted! Ethan couldn't wipe the smile off his face. :)
 
Ethan is beyond excited and this visit showed me just how dedicated he really is about helping these animals.  He told me that he wished we could take all the cats home, of course he knew we couldn't. So he said "I will just have to have a cat farm when I grow up." Sure hope his future wife LOVES cats! LOL!!!  I love his heart and sensitive lil' soul!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment