Saturday, March 5, 2011

A CASE OF THE "I NEEDS"...THANKS SCHOLASTIC!!!!


After school the other day Ethan rushed into the house and said as he was opening his book bag "mom, I have to show you something and you are NOT going to like it."  I am sure you can imagine my heart jumped into my throat as I said "is it really that bad?" He said "no not really" as he pulled out his Scholastic book order form, "but you are going to say NO."  I waited patiently while he thumbed through all 4 of these book order forms (yes 4) until he finally came to a page with a $28 MP3 player (ON SALE) circled with a black marker. He looked at me with his very best serious 7 year old face and said "mom, I NEED a cell phone."  

Seriously Scholastic, what happened to good old fashioned books????  By the way, I did say NO.  My son knows me very well! :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment