Those of you that know me know that I LOVE to sleep more than pretty much anything in the whole world. Taking naps is one of my favorite things to do, much to the dismay of my husband. Sorry Jason, just for the record I wish that I was one of those mothers/wives that got up at the crack of dawn with a cheery attitude and went to bed after the kids were down for the night with a smile on my face!!!!
I can fall asleep in many places and make myself right at home. If need be I could fall asleep at the park, in the bathtub, in my car, at the ballpark, you name it I could probably fall asleep there as long as I felt safe of course. I suppose this is actually a good thing because that means I can keep snoring away when my sleeping kids push me, smack me in the face and all but kick me out of my bed.
Did I mention we have a king size bed???? Last I checked our kids were still pretty small, but they still manage to make my body fit in very tiny places. Oh and one more thing I forgot to mention is we have a leather couch at the end of our bed that Ethan is supposed to sleep on when he comes in our room in the middle of the night. Yes we are too nice and too lazy to take him back to his room. Unfortunately for me he is aware that when dad is not home he is able to sneak in our bed without waking me up.
Well the picture below is usually what I wake up to in the mornings when Jason is gone. See that very teeny tiny space at the bottom right??? Yes, that is the special spot they allow me to use. Even their sleep buddies get more room than I do. Go figure!
The two pictures below are of our little sleep demon. He would NOT go to sleep anywhere else the other night, so once again it is a good thing I can sleep in tight spaces. However, I didn't get much sleep that night because it took me too long to find just the right spot that satisfied him enough to fall asleep again.
Doesn't he look so peaceful?? He should since he only slept about three hours that night! :)
I love you more than life itself Ethan Ted and Collin James and I DO cherish these times that you want to be with me!! I know these nighttime cuddles are just fleeting moments in time that pass by very quickly and I will enjoy them as long as you will let me!!! I am so glad God chose me to be your Mom!!! You boys rock!!
P.S. I would let you both sleep with me if I only had a twin size bed...we would make it work! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment