This was Ethan's first real experience with competitive sports. We went from t-ball back in Kansas where it was all about how much fun you can have while learning the sport to machine pitch baseball (with rules, regulations, and uniforms to boot) in Arkansas. No more playing in the dirt or parents getting a chuckle out of all the kids sprinting to see who can get to the ball first. ;) We actually have college umpires taking on the role of Army Sargent. They are very nice and professional, but don't care if these are just kids...rules are rules. Did you know you can only have a particular type of bat and if it looks like it has been in a small fight with a rock you can't use it??? There are many, many, many more rules that I could mention and I will once I understand them a little better. I know there will be a few of you out there sitting on the edge of your seats waiting for me to fill you in on the seriousness of Arkansas baseball. Oh and one more thing for those of you who are not inclined to act like an adult (apparently there have been problems in the past) if a coach or parent yells at the umpire for any reason he or she is thrown out of the ballpark along with their child for the rest of the season. I promise, if you come to one of our games you will see why this is a necessary rule. Seriously people we should NOT have to tell you that you need to behave like mature adults and show respect to the officials that are here to help our children!! WELCOME TO THE MAJOR LEAGUES ETHAN and do not repeat what you hear!!! Unfortunately, there are NO rules about parents yelling at their kids through the fence or anyone else's kid for that matter. Although there probably should be if you ask me. :)
All in all it was a great day for our family. Collin acted like a well-behaved little man the whole time, he ate snacks, drank water, cheered a little for big bro, and played with his new little baseball buddy. Ethan did fairly good for his first time, however he still needs to focus a little more on his surroundings. He did hit the ball and almost made it to first base before the ball did. :) I am so proud of him for hitting it, I am pretty sure I couldn't seeing how fast that ball was travelling.
I posted some pics below of our big day:
![]() |
| See Ethan I told you it was a beautiful day to play baseball! |
![]() |
| Ethan and Mommy |
![]() |
| Ethan and Daddy |
![]() |
| Ethan and Collin |
![]() |
| Big Bro and Little Bro |
![]() |
| #21's Cheerleaders |
![]() |
| #21's Fans |
![]() |
| Ethan going after the ball |
![]() |
| Enjoying the excitement of the day with his team. |
![]() |
| Go Ethan!! |
![]() |
| Collin and his baseball buddy Eli taking time out for a beverage. |
![]() |
| Let the games begin! |












Love the family game shirts! Don't have to travel far to experience culture shocks, huh? It'll be good!
ReplyDeleteThanks, I know we are lookin' like rockstars in those shirts. Ya'll are missing out! Did you catch that "ya'll"? :)You are correct, culture shock is sometimes an understatement though. A trip to Walmart will prove you aren't in Kansas anymore. I love it here though. Keeps life a little more interesting for sure. LOL!
ReplyDelete