Tuesday, March 15, 2011

OUR SWEET LITTLE COLLIN

Isn't Bedhead The Greatest? ;)
Collin loves his Baby Einstein Animal Flashcards. We TRY to fit in practice time everyday (we have a busy schedule with nap time and all). ;) Just for future reference for those of you that come to visit us he knows exactly where they are located in his room, so don't move them!  He goes in all by himself, opens that tricky drawer and grabs those heavy flashcards and yells out mama!  My baby boy could babble your ear off if you let him as he does enjoy telling you ALL about each animal in great detail.  Of course, I have no idea what he is saying with the exception of a few animal names.  He consistently knows kitty, cow, puppy, and elephant.  He always calls the elephant "apple juice" at least that is what it sounds like to Jason and I.  It doesn't matter if you have him repeat the word right after you it still comes out sounding like "apple juice".  Isn't listening to a toddler learning how to talk the greatest thing ever????  

Once you tell Collin the name of the animal appearing on the flashcard he attempts to repeat it back to you, then squeals with delight and gives you a super fun high five. Isn't life great??? Tonight I was sitting criss cross applesauce during our "learning session" and he was trying to copy me. His poor little leg kept popping back out and he would grab it with his baby hands and pull it back in. It is moments like these that I feel Jesus all around us...I feel joy and peace just wash over me.  

This special time with him never fails to bring a smile to my face.  I love watching him take in his surroundings and discover new adventures on a daily basis.  I WISH time could just stand still until I am ready to move on to the next phase. I LOVE my life!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment