Monday, March 7, 2011

READING LESSON

(Ethan read Collin and I a book tonight about "Tom and Jerry", which Collin thoroughly enjoyed and kept pointing out all the kitties.)    

Bare with this mommy for a brief moment as I feel the need to brag a little bit tonight. 

I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of our oldest son Ethan.  Since moving to Arkansas September 1st, 2010 he has had to:
  • leave behind his home and settle into a new one
  • leave behind ALL of his friends and family
  • join a new 1st grade class that was already in progress
  • make new neighborhood friends
  • make new school friends
  • enter a new school system (that allows corporal punishment by the way...what????)
  • learn a new culture
  • learn a new language...hee, hee...just kidding ;)
He has done all the above things and much more with such ease and a very positive attitude. At our last parent-teacher conference all the teacher could do was brag on him and she actually used the word "brag". :) He has been getting straight A's and been on the Principal's List twice so far.  He is reading at a second grade level already and is a master speller.  He has overcome so many obstacles to get to this point and this mama couldn't be any prouder.  I love you Ethan Ted!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment