Saturday, March 26, 2011

ETHAN'S VERY FIRST SLEEPOVER AT OUR HOUSE

Ethan has asked many, many, many times to have a sleepover at our house and it finally happened!!!! I suppose it IS time, he IS 7 after all. ***sigh*** I can't even begin to tell you how he excited he was, but I can tell you his excitement level almost sent me straight to the loony bin.  LOL!


The night went remarkably well once Ethan understood he wasn't KING of the Wii.  It took me awhile to dethrone him as he wasn't going to go down without a fight, but I did prevail once I put on my mean face. :0  The boys enjoyed a movie, a "friendly" video game competition, and of course the evening wouldn't have been complete without pop and popcorn.




Around 10:30pm, I was patting myself on the back for a job well done.  Told the boys that at 11pm, they needed to be in bed with the lights out.  I don't know why I was nervous about letting him have a sleepover, obviously I am a rock star mom!!! 


As midnight rolled around my ego had definitely taken a hit and was slowly being deflated.  At this point, I still had two very delightful, happy, wide awake giggling boys to attend to.  They couldn't possibly understand how in the world I could hear them laughing, especially since they ever so cleverly shut the bedroom door.  Around 12:45AM I went to check on these two sly little boys (surely they were asleep) as I hadn't heard a peep for 15min. As I opened the door, I discovered his sweet little buddy playing video games on the floor as Ethan watched him with one leg on the bed and one leg off. Wonder how long he had been in that stance? :) It was a great position to jump in bed if mom decided to open the door.  Would have worked beautifully if he had had his A game on, but seeing how it was so late he just couldn't pull it off.  


Finally at 1:30am they had given up and this is what I found:


Yes, that is my little guy surrounded/covered by his furry friends. :)
Yipee!!! Now I could go to bed, but do you think I could unwind and go to sleep??? No, of course not. ;)

Morning rolled around and the boys enjoyed scrammbled eggs and pancakes before they continued on with their "friendly" video game competition.  All in all, it was a successful sleepover!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment