Thursday, March 10, 2011

THE THINGS KIDS SAY AND DO...

Today at the bus stop Ethan got out of the car without giving me a hug or a kiss to start my day. Needless to say I was somewhat disappointed not to get my love, but understood his excitement to run to the bus with his friends.  However, when he got home from school this afternoon, I said "Ethan you didn't give me my sugar this morning."  He responded by giving me a hug and saying "I am really sorry mom, I just got carried away." :)

The other day Ethan came home and said "mom, I don't have any homework today." I said "well we still have to read your story and practice your spelling words." He responded, "I know, but I don't have ANY homework.  Isn't that such a relief?" 

We have been running a little late the past few mornings, so I have had to change up our morning routine a bit to get everything done before we have to rush out the door.  I have decided I like it better this way and even though we had plenty of time this morning I continued on with this new routine.  Ethan woke up with the grumpies, so he was complaining a lot about how all this was going down.  My morning went a little something like this: 

  • Ethan: Can't we JUSSSST go back to the regular way? (laying on the floor being overly dramatic)
  • Mom: No, this routine is working better.
  • Ethan: Mom, I DON'T want to put my clothes on, I am TIRED!
  • Mom: Do you want to just wear your pajamas today?
  • Ethan:NO! I don't want to go to school today! I hate school, school is stupin!
  • Mom: The word is s-t-u-p-i-d and are you supposed to use the word "hate"? My ears hurt, Ethan.
  • Ethan: No they don't!
    Mom: Yes they do.
  • Ethan: Ears don't hurt!
  • Mom: Mine do.
  • Ethan: No they don't...God says ears don't hurt!! Mine never hurt!
  • Mom: Well, my ears hurt from all this complaining.
  • Ethan: Fine! (as he puts on his clothes and heads to the breakfast table in defeat)

No comments:

Post a Comment